Data Protection Policy
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) The sections that follow contain information about how personal data is collected during the use of our website. Personal data includes all types of data that relate to you as an individual (such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and usage behavior).
(2) The controller of your data within the meaning of Article 4, para. 7 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please see our imprint).
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, we will store the data you provide (your e-mail address, and possibly your name and phone number) in order to respond to your inquiries. We will delete the data collected in this context when storing it is no longer required or limit the processing of the data if we are required by law to retain it. By sending us an inquiry, you consent to having your data processed in accordance with Article 6, para. 1 (f) of the GDPR.
(4) The sections below contain further details on the respective processes involved in cases where we commission service providers to assist us in offering specific functions or wish to use your data for advertising purposes. We also cite the criteria specified regarding the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights regarding our use of your personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to rectification and erasure
- Right to the restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the ways in which we process your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data during visits to our website
(1) When you use our website merely for information-related purposes – that is, if you do not register or send us information in some other way – we only collect the personal data your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following information due to its being technically required in order to present our website to you while ensuring stability and security (pursuant to Article 6, para. 1 (f) of the GDPR)
Date and time of request
Time zone difference based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content pertaining to request (a specific webpage)
Access status / HTTP status code
Amount of data transferred
Website from which the request was received
Operating system and interface
Browser language and version
(2) In addition to the data described above, cookies will be stored on your computer during your use of our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive along with the browser you use. A cookie provides the entity that set it (in this case, our company) with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or infect your computer with a virus. They aid us in making our online content more effective and user-friendly in general.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functions of which are described in the sections below:
– Session-Cookies (see b) – Permanent Cookies (see c).
Session cookies store what is known as a session ID, which makes it possible to associate multiple requests from your browser with the same session. As a result, your computer can be recognized should you return to our website. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific amount of time that depends on the cookie at hand. You can also delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
You can configure your browser according to your preferences – for example, by accepting third-party cookies or denying all cookies. Please note that deactivating cookies may prevent you from using some of our website’s functions.
We set cookies in order to identify you when you return to our website (provided that you have an account with us). Without these cookies, you may be required to log in each time you visit.
The Flash cookies used on our website are recognized not by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also make use of HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store required data regardless of which browser you use and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you will need to install a corresponding add-on, such as “clear-flash-cookies” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clear-flash-cookies/?src=search) or Adobe Flash Cookie Killer for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by switching to your browser’s private mode. We also recommend deleting your cookies and browser history manually on a regular basis.
§ 4 Our website’s further functions and offerings
(1) Along with purely informative content, our website offers a variety of services you may be interested in using. Doing so typically requires you to provide additional personal data that we need in order to provide the service in question; this data is subject to the principles of data processing cited above.
(2) In some cases, we rely on external service providers to assist us in processing your data. These providers have been selected and commissioned with care, are required to follow our directives, and are subject to regular monitoring.
(3) In addition, we may transfer your personal data to third parties in cases where we offer contracts or corresponding services in cooperation with partners. You will receive the related details when providing your personal data or can obtain them from the description of the offering in question.
(4) Should one of our service providers or other partners be headquartered outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the resulting ramifications in the description of the respective offering.
§ 5 Objecting or revoking your consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to having your personal data processed, you can revoke your consent at any time. Doing so will only affect the legality of this processing after the point in time at which you declare the revocation of your consent to us.
(2) In cases where we base the processing of your personal data on our “legitimate interests” (within the meaning of Article 6, para. 1 (f) of the GDPR), you have the right to object to said processing. This applies in particular when the processing in question is not necessary to fulfill a contract with you, which we indicate in the subsequent description of functions in each individual case. If you exercise your right to object, we will ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have. If your objection is justified, we will review the situation and either halt or modify the data processing in question, or explain to you the compelling reasons why the processing must continue for your own protection.
(3) You can, of course, object to having your personal data processed for the purposes of advertising or data analytics at any time. If you wish to object to these purposes, please contact us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com, GoodFilm GmbH, Dornhaldenstr. 10/1, 70199 Stuttgart, Germany.
§ 6 Embedded YouTube and Vimeo videos
(1) Our online presence includes YouTube and Vimeo videos that are stored at https://www.YouTube.com or https://vimeo.com, but can be played directly on our website.
(2) Should you do so during your visit, YouTube and/or Vimeo will be informed that you accessed a corresponding section of our website. The data specified under § 3 of this policy will also be transmitted regardless of whether you have logged in via a YouTube user account or no such user account exists. If you are logged into a Google account, your data will be linked directly to your account. If you do not want to be associated with your YouTube profile, you will need to log out before activating the corresponding button. YouTube stores your data in user profiles and utilizes it for advertising and market research purposes, as well as in adapting its website to users’ needs. In particular, it conducts the analysis involved (including for users who are not logged in) as a means of displaying demand-based advertisements and informing other users of its social network of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of the aforementioned user profiles; to exercise it, please contact YouTube.
(4) Vimeo also forwards your data (or at least portions thereof) to its headquarters in the United States (Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011) for processing. For further information on the use of your data and the related rights you can exercise in relation to Vimeo, please visit: https://www.vimeo.com/de/about and https://www.vimeo/privacy. We are not currently aware of whether Vimeo is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
§ 7 Hyperlinks to social media
(1) We currently use social media hyperlinks to Facebook, Twitter and Google+. These links merely connect you to the respective sites; we do not incorporate any plug-ins or “like” buttons. Here, we use what is known as the two-click solution: This means that (according to our current knowledge) no personal data is transmitted to these providers when you visit our website.
(2) The providers listed above and their respective data protection policies can be found at the following locations:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
Google LLC, 1660 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de; Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI